Monday, November 8, 2010

Publix Lee Branch (Highway 280, Birmingham) Coupon Policy Changes

If you shop at the Publix at Lee Branch Shopping Center, coupon policy has changed once again.  If you have taken a class with me, or if you know me, you are aware of my loyalty to Publix.  It is, by far, the store that I save the most money.  Lately, I have to say that my shopping experience has been less than a "pleasure".   The current manager seems to have it out for his very loyal couponers. 

During checkout last, the assistant manager (who I can say knows me from run-ins before), actually stopped bagging a ladies groceries and came to my lane.  She started bagging my groceries and AFTER she bagged them, she turns and tells the cashier that he is going to have to deduct some of my groceries back off the bill because I am only allowed to get 2 deals.  I had 8 boxes of Toaster Strudels, which are BOGO this week.  I asked her when that started and she told me to read the signs that are posted throughout the store....she said "it's in really big letters...We reserve the right to limit quantities".  I told her that I understood that, but I had never had anyone enforce it.  The cashier turned and asked her when they started doing that, because no one had informed him of it either.  She turned to him and told him she would "talk to him later", then turned back to me and said "that is the rule, and I can do that".  Well, OK....She then tells me, "Oh, and by the way, we are no longer accepting Walgreens coupons either."....OK....then leaves the line, DID NOT finish bagging my groceries, and goes back to the other lady to finish hers...OMG!  It appeared to me that she went out of her way to give me a hard time.  Really frustrating....

This is not the first incident I have had in this store lately and I have others that have had similar stories lately.  The store manager told my neighbor that "He could change the policy ever hour if he wanted", when she inquired if he could post a sign about policy changes.  She was explaining to him that it is frustrating when you don't know the changes before you get to checkout.  That way it does not take up the cashiers time, or other customers in line. 

I am now eagerly awaiting a call back from corporate.....hoping the issue is resolved very soon.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment